Friday, November 25, 2005

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

As is tradition with my family, we attended a movie, and for the past few years it has been a Harry Potty movie, and this year was the Goblet of Fire. Why, I'm not sure. I haven't read all the books, I'm in book 3, last few chapters. But my kids love it and they have read all the books. I know when I've read a book prior to the movie I have a certain level of expectation from the movie and I'm usually disappointed. Since I haven't read the Goblet of Fire yet, but I expected to see the same thing as the others. But it wasn't.

You can definitely see the maturity of the actors finally coming through. You can also see the directors are getting comfortable with the story and the expectation. The movie was great. This time around it was all about the clumsy Harry, Ron and Hermione. They actually had substance and there were a lot more supporting roles that played a bigger part. The story seemed to have breadth the others didn't.

So, our usual Thanksgiving movie was better than I expected. But, even if it wasn't I was having fun with the family.

Categories: movies
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.