Friday, March 28, 2008

World Horror Convention Day One

WHC2008-banner-small Yesterday was day one of World Horror Con 2008 (WHC), in Salt Lake City, UT. One of the first things I noticed at this convention was the large amount of art work being displayed. I've been to conventions in the past and there was some art work, but this convention actually has an art gallery, with some incredible paintings. drawings and photographs.

I managed to get in a couple of panels (seeing how the dealers room closed before I got to the hotel), like How To Work With Editors and Why Manuscripts get rejected. Most of it is personal preference of the editors and publishers and not nearly as much on the ability of the author to sell the story.

I picked up a couple of books (actually several in the shwag bag, which I'll link to later), that seem to be pretty interesting. I also managed to take some photos. It's late and I'm having a problem keeping my eyes open, so I'm calling it a day.

 

Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.