Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Apple iOS 7 Translucent UI Needs Help

I installed iOS 7 on one of my iPads today. The first thing that struck me was the change in the way folders and the system tray looked. Honestly, I didn't spend a whole lot of time studying every aspect of iOS 7 so some of this might not have been surprising with a little digging, but this really caught me off guard. As you can see from the image below, the folders and the system tray look skin color. I really wanted to puke. I thought, how could this be!

After my initial shock wore off, I changed the wallpaper and sure enough, the colors showed through what I guess is a translucent UI. I searched the settings to see if there was something that let change the percentage of translucency or even the color, and nope, nothing.

Translucent FolderTranslucent Folder Translucent Folder



I do like the new fast app switch, but it took me a few minutes to figure out how to close down an app. It's not the old-fashioned way of hold and press the X, you simply perform the Android maneuver of sliding it off the screen. Closed.

 

Closing an App


This isn't a post knocking iOS 7, or Apple. Just my initial observation. I wish for a day I can control some of the UI look on my personal device. But that's another post.
Share this article

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used an iOS 7 device yet, but the images I've seen haven't impressed me. I think it looks kinda ugly :-(


    Perhaps my opinion will change with some real use of iOS 7.


    simply perform the Android maneuver of sliding it off the screen




    Wasn't WebOS the first to use that style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, all I know is it's exactly what I do when I want to close down an app on my Nexus 7. I guess all OS's steal things that are cool. It's always been that way.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.