Wednesday, June 8, 2005

I’m goal setting

I was told early on that a goal is a dream if it isn't written down with specific attainable actions. As with most people I have read many books on goal setting, don't worry about goal setting, and alternatives to goals and actions is Getting Things Done by David Allen. All of these approaches have their advantages.

Personally I use most of the GTD(tm) process where goals and projects are only as far away as the next action that needs to be performed. Nothing overwhelming. You don't look at the entire picture every day, only the next logical step. This is supposed to eliminate the need to keep hundreds of loops bouncing around your head.

Today I found a great link about goals. I'm sharing this more as a link than anything. I would also recommend that you look into the GTD system.

Goals in the works are:
1. Lose x number of pounds in 12 months (you would be shocked if I shared the real amount)
2. Finish a 10k
3. Finish a full marathon
4. Finish a full triathalon
5. Go on vacation this summer
6. Ride my bike to work at least 3 times a week
7. Form a business networking group
8. Rebuild real estate web site
9. Build deck in back yard
10. Find good CRM Software
11. Read Seth Godin's new book All Marketers Are Liars
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.