Wednesday, September 14, 2005

For my reading and viewing pleasure

I picked up a couple of new items today. The first is the Star Trek: Voyager Season 2, Disks 3 and 4 (of 7) on DVD of course. I've been waiting a few weeks for them to come into the library.

The second is a book called Extreme Programming Adventures in C#. I first saw
this book on the XProgramming.com
web site. Since I'm learning more and more about xtreme programming and agile
development in general I thought this would be a good book to read.

The few hours a day I spend riding the bus has allowed me to make some pretty good head way in studying my next MCSD.Net test, 70-300, Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .Net Solution Architectures. It's a pretty broad subject and covers a lot of skills I know. Now it's making sure I understand them the way Microsoft intended.

Interestingly enough I started working on a couple of use cases I forgot I had committed to creating for two features in the product I have been working on for the past year. I learned a few things about use cases that I didn't really understand before. According to the study guide I'm reading (Microsoft Press), an Actor can also be "an entity, such as another system or database, that resides outside the system." In my applications case, there are a couple of external "actors" I didn't think about until I read the chapter on Use Cases.

Changed my site a little bit again. Since the Blog is the focal point I decided to make it the actual landing page. We'll see how that goes for a while.

I know links are king when it comes to blog posts but right now I'm too tired to try and find the Amazon links for the Voyager DVD.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.