Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Most Bizzar Political Message I've Ever Heard

A couple of days ago I found a message on my home phone from a local guy named Dell Schanze. It was one of those automated messages that political candidates use when they are running for office, and want to get their message to as many people as possible.

Dell, or Super Dell, as he likes to be called, started slinging mud almost immediately at two other candidate, all of which are running for the Governor of Utah. When ever someone leaves a message on my phone, Vonage provides an audio file I can download and listen too on my PC. I thought hey, this is too good to pass up, I wanted to share the message with a few friends.

I created a Twitter post which included the URL to the MP3 file of the message on my web server. A few people responded, and apparently Robert Gehrke, a writer for the Salt Lake Tribune, wrote a story about Schanze and his message, and included a link to my MP3.

While I think it's cool that the Trib writer used the link to my file, I would have appreciated a heads up, and even some attribution (as I'm doing in this post). Thanks to Russ Page, I was able to move the file to an Amazon S3 server so my blogs bandwidth isn't all chewed up.

The audio is interesting, funny, and has since been changed to be a little less abrasive. Sorry Super Dell, you won't be getting my vote.

superdell.mp3

'Super Dell' launches Super Attack against Huntsman - Salt Lake Tribune
Share this article

3 comments:

  1. This is truly bizarre and awesome at the same time.

    I'm glad the SL Trib picked it up so more people can hear Superdell's rant. However, it would've been nice to have a warning and maybe a some attribution.

    Ashs last blog post..Ash the Keyword: An SEO Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work for that nut-job. Funny enough, I blogged about the same thing!

    Thanks for spreading the word!

    - www.JoeLevi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nice thing about not living in Utah, is not having to hear Super Dell's Totally Awesome Commercials...

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.