Monday, November 2, 2009

Book Review: TwittFaced

TwittFaced by Jacob Mogan and Josh PetersTwitter is something I know pretty well. I've been a user for 2 years. While I don't have tens of thousands of followers, I understand the power of Twitter. When I learned Josh Peters wrote a book out on Twitter, titled TwittFaced, I thought I would give it a read. I gave Josh my money and off I went.

It's not a long read, 156 pages or so, but man, this book is packed to the rafters with information. Even if you think yo know Twitter, or several other social networking platforms, Josh and his co-author Jacob Morgan do a great job of outlining the hottest tools and applications you should be looking at. And the most important part of each chapter is explaining why and how to use the services successfully.

The cover reads "your toolkit for understanding & maximizing social media". I would agree. I have marked several chapters for re-reading. Chapter nine is chalk full of statistics on social media. Chapter five talks about Facebook and the many applications which can make your experience better. And chapter 21, how to keep from being overwhelmed. I really like all of the chapters but one, the chapter on MySpace. Maybe I'm being a snob here, but I don't see MySpace as having any relevance in social media. But Josh and Jacob give it some love in chapter six.

This is a great book. Easy to read, lot's of statistics, and some great examples explaining how to get the most out of these social media platforms.

Buy the book here. It's a link to Amazon, and if you buy the book, I get a few pennies.
Share this article

3 comments:

  1. joshhanagarneNovember 08, 2009

    Thom, I'm really glad that I got a chance to learn about you at the USMAs. You're doing something very cool here. I'll be around pestering you non-stop from now on. That's what you get for having the answers!

    On my way to check out Twittfaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this in my Google alerts (a bit behind in checking them), thanks for the awesome review, and glad you liked to book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this in my Google alerts (a bit behind in checking them), thanks for the awesome review, and glad you liked to book.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.