Saturday, September 29, 2012

Amazon Prices J.K. Rowling's New Book Sky High


Checked out J.K. Rowling's new book The Casual Vacancy on Amazon today. Just wanted to see what the reader ratings were, and what the price would be. And to my surprise, the Amazon Kindle version at the time of this writing was $17.99. What the?

I guess you can no longer justify the cost of an e-reader as a way to buy cheaper books. Publishers have decided e-books are just as expensive as paper versions. Flawed thinking.

I know writers, published and self-published will tell me how wrong I am, but for years, media publishers have tried to justify the high cost of their goods based on cost to manufacture. This isn't the case for digital books, or digital music. But I guess music is the same, you buy a digital album for $10, about as much as you would in a store. It's just crazy.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.