Friday, August 5, 2005

Finished my first Harry Potter audio book

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books although I've seen (and own) all the movies. When the sixth book came out I thought it would be a good time to read them. I decided to listen to them on tape instead since I travel to and from the office alone, I figured it would be a great way to pass an hour a day.

I finished the audio’s today and I must admit the book is a lot different than the movie. Sure the plot line is basically the same, but I like the nuances that J.K. Rowling adds to each of the characters. On the screen you see them as facial expressions or passing glanced. And in many cases you miss the little things all together because there is just too much happening on the screen. That is where the book makes a big difference.

I liked the book and the narrator and I have my hands on book 2, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Filed under: books
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.