Wednesday, September 13, 2006

If you stopped blogging, would anyone care?

I'm a big fan of ProBlogger.net, where Darrin starts a lot of group writing project (I participated in this one, and hopefully the next one), and it generates a lot activity. What does this have to do with my questions?

Well, what IF you turned your blog off? Would anyone really care? Do your posts move or excite people? Do you even know if you have avid readers?

Tell me about your blog and why the blogosphere is be better off because of you.

I'll start... no, I doubt anyone would really care. Why? Because for the longest time I have just posted what I would consider drivel. Stuff that is important to me but probably not to many others. Sure, I've had my share of good posts. Stories that generated some comments. But in the end, looking back over 3 years of blogging, I've seemed to miss the point. Because I never really had a point.

At one time I wanted to post about NASCAR each week. That lasted for about 3 races, then I stopped. I wanted to post about hockey, that lasted for about as many posts. Then it was music. I don't even think I posted anything on music. I really thought I could make headway posting about tech stuff, for the simple fact I'm a geektoid. But alas, there is so much noise in the space.

As I've learned from ProBlogger.net and many others, is a blog has to have a direction. It has to give the readers some value. Give them something to keep coming back.

So, again, if you stopped blogging, would anyone care?  

Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.