Saturday, December 2, 2006

Open Letter to Seth Godin

Dear Seth,

Long time reader, if this we're going to be on your blog instead of mine, I would be a first time poster. Thanks is in order for your latest book, "small is the new big".

I'm not a marketer, but I recognize the value of marketing which is why I enjoy your books and blog. As Hugh said on TheGapingVoid "Seth, besides being THE MASTER of brevity [I've referred to him in the past as "the Ernest Hemingway of marketing"]". Very well put. I'll agree. And that's the reason I've enjoyed your work so far.

But Seth, this book, it's the best thing I've ever read. I just finished The Long Tail by Chris Anderson (which I blogged about here). What could have been said in about 20 pages went on for hundreds. So, as you asked me to do in the WARNING, I'm going to read a few pages, share them with others, do something with it, then do it again.

Here's my commitment. I am going to pick 10 topics from your book. Share them, internalize them, make them part of my life. Then, after seeing how well this works, maybe I'll pick another ten. We'll see. But for now, it's ten.

If you are reading this post and haven't picked up Seth's book, click right here, or go to Borders, or B&N or somewhere. Get the book. It will be the best money you have ever spent. Trust me. Did you click on the link yet? Well, what are you waiting for.

your friend,

Thom Allen
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.