Monday, January 28, 2008

What Would You Ask Orson Scott Card?

endersgame I'm putting together some possible questions for the interview with Orson Scott Card on February 14th. I was wondering what you would ask him? Again, I'm not sure if I'll even have a chance to speak with Scott, but I'm sure Jeff will let me get something in.

  • Do you want to know about any of his previous works?
  • Do you want to know about any of his upcoming works?
  • Do you want to know how he comes up with story ideas?
  • Do you want to know what his writing habits are?
  • Do you want to know who influenced him in the beginning? And what influences him how?

Let me know by leaving a comment here and maybe we can come up with some great questions. Thanks.

Share this article

3 comments:

  1. As a budding writer, most of my questions would be about his writing process and writing in general. Stuff like:

    Do you have a set writing schedule every day?
    How many drafts does your typical novel go through before it's published?
    How much/what types of books do you read now?
    What's the thing you notice first when you pick up a new authors work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bryce, right, those are the type of questions I thought about too. So I'll make a small list and see what I can do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would ask him if he is planning to more on the Ender/Bean/Peter series - there's still more story there. I'd also like to know if he's going to write another in the Alvin Maker series, the final book in that series was wide open for a sequel.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.