Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Big "C" Has Invaded My Life

I'm fairly young, 46 as I write this, not in shape like my Marine days, but I can generally hold my own. But of all the things I thought would come my way this year health wise, the one thing that wasn't on my radar, even remotely, was cancer.

Saying cancer isn't as tough as I thought it would be. What's tougher are the emotions that come along with it. The what's next, the when's, the why's, the how longs, pissed my wife has to deal with this, pissed my kids have to deal with this, and grateful for all the love and support my family and friends have shown me.

I have a long road to walk. A lot of unknowns. A lot of time to think about my life, what I've done, and what I still want to do. I seriously don't know what this means for my life expectancy, but to tell you the truth, I'm more worried about fighting it, winning, and moving on. I could use your prayers, your thoughts, your good vibes, not just for me, but for my Family as well.

I like my blog, it's my personal space. Generally it's been about tech stuff, but now I will add this part of my life too.
Share this article

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure this will be a hard road but stay positive! You can do this! Keep your head up and keep going. Always happy to help if you need anything!

    pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tough, my friend. You're a great person with a great attitude and hopefully this will be a short-lived trial. I'll be here to lend my support every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummed to hear this, if there is some remote way that I can help, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura MoncurMarch 14, 2014

    Sending all our love and good karma your way. Don't let this worry you. There are so many people who are beating cancer now and you are going to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this! I'll echo what others have said though, stay positive and fight hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thom AllenMarch 14, 2014

    Thank you, that's all I have right now, a positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thom AllenMarch 14, 2014

    That is my plan. Still strong and able to fight, which is good. I'm glad for that. Thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thom AllenMarch 14, 2014

    Thanks Scott, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thom AllenMarch 14, 2014

    Thanks Pat, good luck tomorrow, looks like a huge crowd. I might come for a bit, but not sure I can stay the whole day. But it will certainly be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear it. You and your family will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thom AllenMay 06, 2014

    Thanks David, I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.