Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Reviews for People, not Geeks

Reviews for People, not Geeks. This was a very intriguing headline. I never thought about it but its true. Most of the reviews, especially electronics, are done by geeks. They use the product totally different than the average person and are concerned about a whole different set of features.

Maybe that's why my wife and I clash sometimes when it comes to using and buying electronic gadgets. It was just recently that I was able to convince her how cool TiVo really was by showing her that she could record all the old black and white Perry Mason's and watch them when she wanted and not have to worry about missing an episode or having to be at home at the right time. She loved it. And from that day forward TiVo had value.

I also own several other "geek" gadgets; cell phones, PDA's, laptops and many others. I integrate them all into my daily routine. For her, these are just things she has to worry about and find extra space in her purse. I always look at it from my stand point, being the technical geek that I am and wonder why she doesn't care? And she looks at me and says "why" are you wasting money and time with those things.

It really would be interesting to see reviews of products by non-geek types or interviews of non-geek types using the products. I bet you get a whole different perspective.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.