Saturday, July 16, 2005

Moleskine and PDA, the perfect match

For months I have been experimenting with several organization systems such as GTD, HipsterPDA, Pocket PC and Outlook. I say experiment because that's what they are. I have liked a couple and have even gone so far as to create a Ductster (a HipsterPDA made out of duct tape.)

Today I ran across two different posts that I thought were worth mentioning. The first is at The Wanderings of a Wanton Wordsmith, a portable Post-It notebook. I am a pretty heavy user of post-it's. I like the ability to quickly take a note and then stick in my view. I even have a 3x5 card with a few post-it's in the file portion of my Moleskine. I also cam across this post at Rearden Metal.

I admit the one problem I have is the note taking portion. I want to take notes at work and not mix them with my personal notes. I guess what I need to do is get a separate Moleskine for my office. If I follow the process that Alastair Johnston came up with, using a Moleskine and a PDA to track all the information you need, I will be getting the best of both worlds. I think I will try that and see how it works. Off to Barnes and Noble to purchase a new Moleskine for my office.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.