Saturday, July 30, 2005

TiVo and Vonage working at last

I finally got my TiVo DVR to dial out using Vonage after trying several options. Admittedly it's because my brother has the same setup and he spent two hours figuring it out. So thanks little brother.

Here is what ended up working for me:

  • Phone line from back of TiVo DVR to Linksys Vonage Router (Phone 1)

  • RJ45 cable running from back of Linksys router to Belkin Wireless Router which is hooked to my Comcast DSL Cable Modem.

  • Using 2122773895

  • Dialing prefix of *99,,#019,,

  • Selected Tone

  • Check for phone line in use off

  • Check for dial tone off


  • Save and test. Viola! It worked.

    Not sure why this is cool other than I don't have to run a phone line to the TiVo where there isn't one. Thanks again Bro!

    Filed in: |
    Share this article

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.