Thursday, February 16, 2006

It’s my type of poem

I tried writing a poem a while back. It was for a contest. I didn't win, but it was fun thinking I might.

I had a wonderful young woman critique this piece, and I will share with you later what she said. for now, here it is:
I'm always amazed at this time of year, nature, slowing down, sleeping

Color dictates the mood then falls to the wayside in an ever eternal cycle

Breath seems to take form and float away

The flowers are gone and the leaves fallen the birds are on a southern path

It's only a short time, a pause if you will before a soft winter coat slowly falls and covers the ground

There, now, this type of poem was supposed to be about free form thinking. It wasn't supposed to be a traditional rhyming poem. I like this type. It lets the writer express in words what they are thinking and not trying so hard to find similar words.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.