Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Removing sharpie ink from white board



I inherited a dry erase board (white board) that someone had used permanent marker on. I really didn't want to spend money on a new board and it was the right size. It has sat leaning on my office wall for the past few weeks. I keep meaning to try and figure out a way to remove the marker. But I guess I'm too lazy. But today, I quickly put "remove permanent market white board" in google.com and the first entry, Mom's Budget, gave me the answer.

I thought, there is no way putting dry marker over the permanent marker would remove the ink. But low and behold It worked. It's not perfect and there is some residual that I suppose will never come off. But when I clean it with the special white board cleaning solution, I hope it will be almost good as new. So thanks Mom's Budget for helping me out today.

Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting
Share this article

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Thom and Mom's Budget!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail polish remover (acetone) will remove permanent marker

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] it high enough on the search results that someone clicks through. For example, I have a post about removing sharpie ink from a dry erase board. I wrote that post a long time ago. Its not something I have ever talked [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used white board at work and if you use a black expo dry erase marker and draw over the ink several times, then wipe off with a dry erase or white cloth.
    do not use windex! do not use rubbing alcohol as it will eat the coating and you dry erase becomes fused to the Masonite.

    dry erase cleaner works best, but on a shoe string budget dish soap and hot water 1:20 ratio so a little 'soap' goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black coffee will remove ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hhe article's content rich variety which make us move for our mood after reading this article. surprise, here you will find what you want! Recently, I found some wedsites which commodity is research-laboratory colorful of fashion. Such as that worth you to see. Believe me these websites won’t let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post , I got a idea on how to remove sharpie ink for white board.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.