Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Prospecting through email or with a blog

When I saw this headline "E-mail or blog? Best ways to prospect online" in an industry trade magazine, my first thought was, holy crap, they just don't get it do they? How on earth can you even compare the two. They are completely different and target a difference audience.

Email: old media. Blog: new media. It's here folks. People have become so numb to email that its a chore just to check email every day. Email is a one way street; a linear form of communication. A blog on the other hand promotes thought, community and involvement.

Thank goodness this article helps me validate my reasoning for project ShoutVoice, my new business. My work is important. My work is necessary. Participants in this industry are slow to adopt mostly because they don't have the support staff to help them along the way.

People don't want a boring one dimensional email. They want to see, touch, discuss, feel. If you want to use email to tell your customer base about your great website/blog, by all means, do it. But don't market with email. Build your brand visually. Start a community. I am.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.