Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wordpress reverting to default theme fix/hack

Although I still don't know what is causing this, for some reason, within the past week or so, using Wordpress 2.1.3 and I would assume 2.2+, every so often Wordpress reverts back to the default K2 theme. I would change it back, and then in the morning, bam, back to the default. I found a blog post that helped me fix the problem, and I apologize I can't find the link.

In any event, here is how I fixed the problem.

1. Rename your default theme folder to something else (_default)

2. Copy your selected theme to a new folder called default. Make sure this is a copy not the original. However, you could just rename your desired theme folder to default and select it from the list of themes.

That seemed to fix my problem. It's a complete hack and I'd like to understand what the problem is. The blog post I read said its most likely its a timing issue with the web server and how Wordpress handles it. I'm not sure. So I hope this helps. It has for me.

Share this article

1 comments:

  1. I have had the same experience with several themes since upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.2 widget ready. Very frustrating... glad to find your article.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.