Thursday, September 20, 2007

Facebook application development and living in Utah

Jesse Stay asked if he was the only Facebook developer in Utah. And one of the comments he got on his blog asked "why is that important?" The statement was framed around the notion that anyone anywhere can develop applications, why is geographical locations important.

From my perspective its mostly for support and networking. When I am looking to refer work to someone I naturally look to my close local associates first. It's just natural. If no one there can help then I look to my extended network. I've just always done this. I hope my network in return does that for me.

But after having a short conversation with Jesse about writing Facebook application it appears the number of people actually doing it is small. Sure there are a lot of applications available on Facebook, but honestly, there are a lot of duplicate "I can do better" applications.

So yeah Jesse, I live Utah and I develop Facebook applications.

If you're looking for someone to write an application that integrates with Facebook, you can contact me here.

Share this article

2 comments:

  1. [...] Comments Facebook application development and living in Utah | Thom Allen Weblog on Am I Still One of the Only Utah Facebook Developers?Matt on GrandCentral InvitesMatt on [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] a budding Facebook application developer I hope to take advantage of these features. I hope there is more to [...]

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.