Sunday, September 9, 2007

My experience with the HeadBlade system

Several months ago Seth Godin was in Salt Lake City, Utah to promote his new book The Dip. One of the deals Phil Burns made with Seth if he would come to Utah is he and a few others would shave their heads bald. Of course Seth being the bald man that he is thought that was a great idea.

During the shaving session, Seth mentioned a company called HeadBlade that made shaving products. Fortunately Ash Buckles video taped the event and posted it on YouTube. I believe it was the head guy at HeadBlade asked Ash if he could send some head shaving products. Of course Ash said yes.

After some time Ash decided it would be a great idea to give me the items from HeadBlade. And of course I accepted. So here is my experience.

I opened all the items included, which were various bottles of skin lotion, shave cream and razors. But the coolest thing was a razor shaped like a sports car including cool little wheels on one end. The razor is curved to glide on the head easier.

Once I had applied a gratuitous amount of shave cream on my head I started shaving. It was pretty easy at first. I was able to complete the top and sides of my head with no problems. Then came the back. That's a little more complicated because I can't see what I'm doing. That's when I started to run into problems.

By the time I got to the back of my head my hands were pretty slippery from water and shave cream. the razor kept slipping out of my hands. I managed to cut my self in several places. One of the cuts was pretty deep. They were caused by the razor sliding sideways or at an angle.

I can't really say it was the fault of the razor, but I have never cut my head in all the years I've been shaving my head. The HeadBlade razor is a great shape but it slips out to easy. It's a great idea, and in general worked, but I wasn't too happy that I cut my head.
Share this article

1 comments:

  1. Thom,

    The HeadBlade can be pretty tricky for guys the first time they use it. The key is to keep the pressure on the wheels of the razor, not the blade. Not so much pressure that it does a wheelie.

    For more tips on the HeadBlade and head shaving, check out SlyBaldGuys.com.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.