Tuesday, December 1, 2009

WordPress Releases New iPhone App

This post is really a test using the new WordPress iPhone App, http://iphone.wordpress.org, version 2.1. I really want to test the picture upload feature.

You do have the ability to manage comments, but if you use a comment plugin system like Disqus, you can't moderate those comments.

I do like that you can create pages with this tool. I also like that I can manage multiple blogs.

I don't like that I can't insert a place holder god a photo, so I have no idea how the format will look. And how do create a linked word? Doesn't seem exist.

This is a great tool for creating quick, non-complicated posts.












Share this article

6 comments:

  1. I posted another blog using the WordPress iPhone app, and yes, typing http: popud up a window to create a link. I think I found a bug though. I created a link that had a ! in the text, and the link would not insert into the blog text. I added the link without the ! and the insert worked, and I placed the ! on my own.

    It's too bad that Disqus doesn't reach back into WordPress. A big problem if I want to remove Disqus and try IntenseDebate, I'm assuming from you comment that I would lose all my comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: the bug -- thanks, I'll pass that long to the developers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: the bug -- thanks, I'll pass that long to the developers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. john bickerstaffDecember 07, 2009

    Thom - I can't reproduce this with strings like "!this!is!not!it" as my text for a link... can you tell me more about how you were able to produce this behavior?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it appears I can't reproduce it either. I just tried again, and it seemed to work just fine. Sorry for wasting your time. This feature totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John BickerstaffDecember 09, 2009

    Thanks Thom - glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.