Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Business Wish List For 2010

I read Chris Brogans list the other day, and since I want to be like Chris, I just had to create my own list. I like that he has actual measurable goals. Things that you can so yes I did that, or no I missed the mark on that one. The one thing I regret not having completed this year, and one I promised Jason Alba I would complete, was writing one, if not two, books. I have some of one book written, but that doesn’t mean jack. So here it goes.

My Business Plans For 2010:

  • For PressDev, I want to create new site tells the story much better. I’ve been wire framing something, but now it’s time to implement.
  • I want more of my contacts to know and understand what my company does. I want to understand better what my company does.
  • I want to bring several new business sites online. There is a small window of opportunity here, I need to strike fast.
  • I want to publish at least 3 books under the Complete Geek Guide To: title.
  • I want to finish my WordPress Book, I’m Using WordPress, Now What???
  • Then I want to write more vertical books on Enterprise Content Management Systems.
  • I want to help more people put on community driven events, like WordCamps and PodCamps.
  • I want to blog more, and use Twitter and Facebook more strategically.

My Business Wish List For 2010

  • I want to speak at more events next year. Do you need someone to speak on WordPress or Podcasting, contact me.
  • I want to do less coding and more strategic planning and solution architecting. I have 20+ years in the IT field, it’s not my first rodeo.
  • I want to read more.
  • I want to create more video content.
  • I want to stop using all the excuses that keep me from going where I want to go.

These are just some of the things I want and hope to accomplish in 2010. Most importantly, I want to diversify by creating multiple streams of income. Having all your eggs in one basket can cause some serious problems, as I am finding out right now.

Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.