Monday, January 4, 2010

FourSquare Finally Makes Sense

If you're on Twitter or Facebook, you've probably seen posts like these "Thom A. @ Sonic (123 Main) at 9:30PM". This interesting app let's users "check-in" at some location, and share that with their online friends. No one should feel left out because they offer an iPhone, Android and BlackBerry version.

At first I didn't get it. Fact is, until this afternoon, I still didn't get it. But then this little message popped up when I checked in at Chick-Fil-A in Sandy, Utah.

After I saw this, it hit me, the untapped value of an application like FourSquare. What a strategic opportunity for businesses or events to push an announcement to the person checking in. Here I am checking in at Chick-Fil-A and I get a note to check out Fudruckers, about 50 feet away. I could possibly have been given a code to use for a discount on a meal.

I'm going to target a few places and see what I can come up with. My first attempt will be to add information on PodCampSLC 2010. If you check in at places around Neumont University, I'm going to suggest you check out the site.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.