Saturday, January 2, 2010

8 Great Tips On Marketing For The New Year

Today Laura Beulke (@VPG_Printing) on Twitter, zinged out 8 great marketing ideas for the new year. I wanted to share them with you. I'm not a marketing expert, but these are pretty good.

1. Update your image with a new business card
Funny, I just did that a few weeks ago. I added some social links like my Twitter name and LinkedIn profile URL.

2. Send out your new business card to potential clients or customers
This is a great idea. I'm adding it to my marketing plan.

3. Hold a weekly drawing on your blog or website
Hmm, this one may be a challenge. I will have to take some time to thing about what to offer. Maybe partner with another site or company.

4. Refresh your website by adding a special area for first time visitors
Doing this too. Great idea Laura. People are always interested in learning more about you and your company, make sure you have a place to blow your horn.

5. Reward return business
I really need to do this. As I looked back on 2009 that is one area I failed miserably. I really need to treat my customers and partners much better. And I will.

6. Launch a new direct marketing campaign
Since I'm not a marketing guru, I'm not sure how to implement this, or if it's even an avenue for my business. I think it could be, but I need to map it out better.

7. Help your customers with their resolutions
Another great idea. Giving before getting. There will be plenty of karma left over after you have helped others to succeed. My friend Donny Biorge is all about that. I've never met a person who has been so concerned about those around him succeeding. He lives what he preaches.

8. Expand your reach; look for clients in places you didn't think you could find them
This is on my list of things to do for 2010. Try to expand my customer base while streamlining my focus.

These are all great ideas, thank you for sharing them Laura. In full disclosure, I did win a contest Laura had a few months ago. I would have shared these tips in any event.

What are your unique marketing ideas for 2010?
Share this article

1 comments:

  1. #5 Reward return business
    This is my speciality - Appreciation Marketing - want to know more? Just ask me -- Cynthia@encourage-someone.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.