Friday, August 10, 2007

Giving Props to my Peeps

This weeks props go out to two guys that I enjoy working with and being around. The first is Steve Spencer and the other is Robert Merrill.

Steve Spencer is President of Twelve Horses, a technology company in Salt Lake City, Utah. But it's not Steve's company that I want to thank him for rather his involvement in the local tech community. Steve's company sponsors quiet a few events, but more importantly Steve mentors, coaches and gets involved. He doesn't push his company as much as he could when sponsoring an event, but he does a great job networking and spreading the word. Steve's a great example. Steve doesn't know this, but I've learned a lot from him. Get to know Steve Spencer, it will be well worth it.

My next prop goes out to Robert Merrill. Robert is a Technology Recruiter with SOS Technical in Utah County. But the really cool thing is, like Steve, he's involved in the tech community, sponsors events, helps people with connections, and doesn't push being a recruiter. He could, but I think he knows that would cause some problems.

Robert's a smart guy. He builds relationships. I like that. I know what Robert does. If I need his services, I'll call him. Robert is also good at connecting the community with each other. He also blogs about tech issues, which is great. Get to know Robert, it will be good for you.

Share this article

3 comments:

  1. It's a great Monday to read a Google Alert about your partner being recognized for being a good guy. Thanks for appreciating Steve. I know I do all the time and it's great to have some help ;-)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blush often Thom, but you got me blusing now. Thanks much for the good words. Also, speaking of Events, sponsoring, and learning... we are inthe final planning hpases of an event for October about New Media. Thom will be speaking at that event to each us all about Pocasting. I can't wait.

    Thanks again Thom. Very nice of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Boy, I should be more aware of when people are talking about me. Looks like my ears have been burning for 7 days. Thanks, Thom. It's been a pleasure getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.