Monday, August 13, 2007

iPhoto ‘08 is a mess

I hope it's me and I need to learn a little more, but if I understand the rumblings around the net I'm not alone.

First, the program runs a hell of a lot faster than '06 did.

Second the interface is pretty nice.

Third I like the thought of tagging pictures to an event, which is a new feature.

But that is where it all falls apart. I have the preferences set NOT to import my pictures, but if you look in the iPhoto library package, there are hundreds of cached files, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of NOT importing.

There doesn't seem to be a way to NOT import your pictures into an event. Not every picture is part of an event. I have a lot more random pictures than I have groups. I want to just import my pictures into the Library and let me decide whats an event or an album or a group.

It's all messed up. I like the program but it needs a lot of work. I'll stick with Flickr Pro for the time being.
Share this article

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! I love everything about my Mac BUT iPhoto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    iPhoto was one of the apps I was hoping had really improved. I could have saved the $80, but I did get a new version of Garageband. Even it needs quite a few upgrades.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.