Thursday, October 19, 2006

digitalthom : the music project

Ok, another project... don't tell my wife, she may just ask me to leave. But I really need to do this one. As you know, I've been trying to produce an Indie Jazz music podcast for the past several months. I really appreciate the opportunity that The Podcast Network has given me. I haven't been as consistent over the past month or so and I'm trying to get my life back on track after a major alteration.

For the first 18 years of my life I played musical instruments. Specifically, string instruments. I started playing the Violin, then the Cello, then ultimately the stand up Bass. It was the Bass that got me really excited. I got a different feeling when I played. I knew it was the one. I moved on to electric bass some time in high school, but I've had a love of the Bass ever since.

It's been about 20 years since I have actually picked up a Bass and started playing. My wife, bless her heart, bought me a new set up for Christmas last year and I've been trying to get back into it ever since. But, now I really am going to make a conscience effort to become extremely proficient at it.

The reason I mention the The Jazz Show podcast is because while finding music for the show, I have an opportunity to listen to great Jazz music. There are so many excellent musicians out there. It's what has sparked my interest to take The Music Project to the next level.

More on it as I progress.

Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.