Friday, October 13, 2006

Yes, Office 2.0 is for me

I wanted to jump in on this discussion, mainly because I am very passionate about these Web 2.0 apps.

Honestly, I don't care if they are aptly named "Web 2.0", or Web 3.0 or Webbies or what ever. What I do care about is they are accessible from pretty much anywhere I can get an Internet connection.

As I posted here, I'm really open to these applications. As stated in Chris's post (here), not everyone needs every feature of a wordprocessor like Microsoft Word. In fact, I don't even need all the features in a Google Docs. But I like the interface, the ability to use several document formats, and I'm sure as Google goes along, it will get better. And I'm willing to look past it.

I don't think any of these applications are ready for full Enterprise deployments, nor do I think they were intended as such. As an Enterprise user, I would feel very frustrated knowing that I must be connected to the Internet to use my wordprocessor or spreadsheet. But if you don't care or need to, then yeah, these Web 2.0 apps are fantastic.

Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.