Friday, March 30, 2007

Finally taking this thing seriously

A few months ago I said I was going to take some time off, figure out what it is I really wanted to accomplish with blogging, podcasting, videocasting and so on. After years of messing around and tinkering I've finally got things figured out and will be bringing several new businesses and blogs online over the next few weeks. It's ok, I can talk about them now because I have already put the wheels in motion.

This blog, digitalthom.com, will refocus on digital media; podcasting, videos and music. I will move all of my personal items off this blog and over to thomallen.com which will act as my personal website.

My personal website, thomallen.com will have content about me; hobbies, interests, my family and the things they are doing. I hope to post a lot of photos and videos as we are out and about.

I will be porting all my current NASCAR entries and future entries to a new racing network I've put together. Using blogs and forums, my plan is to build a great racing community. I had been thinking about this type of site for some time. A comment made to me by a read explaining they knew nothing about NASCAR and what I was saying didn't make sense, caused me to accelerate putting the finishing touches on the site. So one of the things this new site will do is have an area dedicated to helping readers become racing fans

As most of you know I produce a Jazz music podcast. I've been doing it for nearly a year and I have enjoyed it very much. The show spotlights indie bands and their music. I wanted to find a way to get more of their music in listeners hands, and I am pretty sure I have. This is one new site I won't give too many details until its complete and online. But, if you're an indie band, of any type music, you will want to participate, send an email to indie @ digitalthom . com for more information.

A new site I have brought online is mobileCIO.com. This site has been the longest in the planning stage. I think it will have the biggest impact. There's a critical need for executive level IT direction in a lot of companies. mobileCIO fills that role by acting as a companies CIO/CTO either short or long term. Visit the site for more information.

And finally my real estate site, onehothome.com. I've been a licensed Realtor for about 15 years. My current website will undergo a face lift and add a lot of new media content such as podcasts, and videos. Adding market data, lice maps, virtual home shows, extensive searching, how-to's, interviews and a shopping area, will make this the one stop place for real estate needs.

So there, I've spilled the beans and have laid out a course of action. There are a few more business ideas to bring together including a new podcast. I'll be busy but it will be well worth it. Thanks for listening. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.
Share this article

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Thom! Lots of exciting stuff! Congratulations on such productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so where does scrumlord fit into all this? who am i going to recruit to take over the world of scrum development?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura, thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam, let's do it. Let's make Scrum Lord rock. Just need you to tell me where and when :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Thom. Glad to see you expanding. I'm also starting to get a better idea of what you do. :-) You might even get me interested in Nascar. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.