Friday, March 16, 2007

I’ve found Wal-Mart’s weakness

Wal-Mart, the monster of all stores. It's one of the few places I can get a gallon of milk, a head lamp for my car, a new DVD and a pair of shoes, at the same time.

But this morning I think I stumped them. I was near a store when the need for a photo copy arose. It was something like 7AM when most other stores are closed. So I thought, Wal-Mart will have a pay-per-copy machine and I just needed one copy. I walked in very triumphant. I knew Wal-Mart wouldn't let me down.

The very nice customer service person asked me if she could help, I said yes, I need to make a copy, where is the stores copy machine? She looked at me kind of funny and said "we don't have a copy machine" and went on her way. I was dumbfounded. The worlds largest super store didn't have a copy machine for customer use? I was willing to pay just about any amount for that copy. But I walked out empty handed and waited outside the local OfficeMax until 8AM when they opened.

So it turns out Wal-Mart doesn't have everything. They can provide you with prescriptions, taxes, glasses, food and clothing needs, but not your copy needs. I am finding another store.
Share this article

2 comments:

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.