Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Salt Lake Tribune looking like USA Today

I read a copy of the Salt Lake Tribune today. First time I've read a newspaper in years. I get most of my news from the Internet and TV.

But today I picked up a copy of the newspaper and started looking through it. Wow, I'm impressed. The format is completely changed since the last time I looked at it. This could have taken place years ago for all I know. But it looks a lot like a USA Today paper. Bold colors for various sections. Lots of pictures, catching headlines; it looks really good.

I also noticed this morning on KUTV Channel Two in Salt Lake City that a reporter from the news paper appears in a short segment telling viewers about hot stories in the days paper. At first I wasn't sure what value that gave viewers. But basically TV news can't cover every news story, not even a fraction. The newspaper does a pretty good job of that.

While I'm still going to get a majority of my news online, I will check out a Sunday edition to see what other cool things I find.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.