Friday, March 9, 2007

FlexMail 2007, we’re done

Today is the last day I use FlexMail 2007. I've tried twice to use this application and both times it's failed miserably.

The first issue, I turned on my MDA and all the email accounts were gone, and I couldn't figure out how to reconnect them. All the data was on my storage card, but to no avail. Started over by adding all the mail accounts again.

Today, I started reading mail and data just started disappearing. The message body, the header, everything.

I'm not sure if this is a removable storage problem, but its a major problem.

Next step, write my own. There aren't any mail clients for Windows Mobile 5 except FlexMail 2007. I can believe that is true, but it is. If I'm wrong, please leave me links to these web sites.

[P.S. Scratch that, I'm pissed. I paid for this software. I wonder if the company did any QA at all. It's a simple set up. Windows Mobile 5, 1GB MiniSD. Come on, the quality of this software sucks. I'm tired of software companies allowing end users to be their Quality Assurance.]
Share this article

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    does the FlexMail show to you your conntacts when composing new message (and tap 'To' field) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andy, yes, when I tapped on the 'To' tab it went to the Contacts list as expected.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.