Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Third post on ConventionNext

Ok, video feed back up, I'm sure I missed a lot. Trying to get reoriented with the live aspect of this thing. There are a lot more questions. People are starting to add comments outside of the Congressman. They are chatting with each other.

That brings me to a quick observation. Twitter seems to be facilitating some of the action. I've been tweeting with some at the live facility (a bad morning didn't allow me to make it), but someone is asking if Cannon even knows what Twitter is? His response is no. Anyway, Twitter could have given blow by blow accounts of what was taking place. It's an incredible opportunity. I'm sure as things heat up on the political front services like Twitter will start to take on a larger role.

Now my questions is being asked. The moderator thinks its a great question (so do I). Listening to the answer...

Wow, he didn't get my question, posting a follow-up. There are a lot of other questions regarding this same topic being asked at the live venue.

Basically Cannons answer was the laws need to be changed to reflect reality. So my follow up question was, "should the economy dictate when laws are broken?". His response was no. Again, he didn't mention his bill about immigrant workers. I found that funny.

What I took from his answer was we need to amend our laws to allow for immigrant workers. He then talked about fining those who are here illegally; but most don't make enough, and that wouldn't deter anyone. We deport them and they still come back.

Another person at the live venue asked why we are required to have a Social Security Card and a Driver License but immigrant workers aren't. At least that's what I think he asked. Cannons answer was the Social Security card is sort of a National ID program. He didn't really answer the question.

Moving on to another question; there are a lot in the queue now. There is a flurry of activity in the comments area. The web site seems to be handling the load ok, other than the video glitch everything seems to work great. On confusion I'm having is the use of comments. I see them, and I see where to enter comments, but it looks like everyone is using comments to have their own discussion. I would recommend a chat service or something like a forum. I don't know, thinking off the cuff here.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.