Saturday, June 23, 2007

del.icio.us hosting account suspended?

I was trying to save a link to my del.icio.us account and I kept getting this error message each time, several times. Even as I write this I still get the error message. That has to suck for them, and for me.

Error when trying to save to del.icio.us

So that lead me to wonder if Web2.0 and New Media companies have fail over, disaster recovery or load balance plans in place? I have committed all my links to del.icio.us, and if for some reason they were to go down I would be really pissed that I lost all my bookmarks. This is a wakeup call to make back ups of data you have stored on web servers. Looks like another piece of data to keep on my S3 account.
Share this article

1 comments:

  1. Hello DigitalThom,

    Just wanted to drop by and checkout your site, thank you for your thoughtful comments on mine.

    I hope your still not getting the error you blogged above. I always keep my bookmarks in my browser first, then some that are good I post to del.icio.us, and I use Google's Browser Synch. Hopefully Google isn't going anywhere and won't lose my bookmarks. ;)

    Keep up the good work!

    Joe Tao

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.