Saturday, June 30, 2007

Is Apple afraid the iPhone is an iPod killer?

I'm sure it's no secret the reason Apple decided to only provide an iPhone with 4 or 8 gigabytes of storage space is so they wouldn't kill their wildly popular iPod line.

Ok, that is probably not true. However, I have the same problem that a lot of new iPhone users will have. My phone, a T-Mobile MDA, which is capable of playing music and video, has such a small amount of storage space that I have an iPod just for music and video. How crazy is that? With the low cost of memory and the nano sized technology available today, you would think offering 30 gigabytes of storage in the iPhone would make sense. After I've saved some music, videos, pictures, I have nothing left and with the absence of removable storage I'm sunk.

It's a very well thought out plan. No matter how cool the iPhone is, and I'm sure it's cool, just ask Robert Scoble who was Twittering about it at 2AM, you're still going to need two devices to have all you want. I think Apple really dropped the ball. Instead of adding a new device that would rule all it added a device that needs help.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.