Friday, June 29, 2007

Giving Props To My Peeps

Janet Meiners just posted about giving sincere thanks to those who have helped you along the way. There are a few people I wanted to thank that have really helped me over the past few weeks.

Janet Meiners. She spent some time with me the other day helping me see some opportunities for moving my new business forward. Janet is an Internet Marketing coach and is very easy to talk with. While she really doesn't work with people like me, she didn't hesitate to at least give me her point of view. Thanks Janet. [website]

Ash Buckles. Thanks Ash. I sincerely mean that. Ash doesn't mess around. He knows what he wants. He works real hard. I watch what he does and how he applies himself. [website]

Jason Alba. Thanks Jason. You really need to get to know Jason. Jason helped me this week with setting some priorities for my new business. One of the things I appreciate about Jason is his simple no nonsense attitude. Always do the right thing. [website]

Chris Brogan. Thanks Chris. I'm not real sure yet why I feel such a connection with Chris, but I do. He also doesn't know me from Adam, although we have posted comments on each others blogs and we are Friends on Twitter. Chris gets it. Chris is the kind of guy that is always thinking about the next thing. He's like 5 moves ahead. I've told Chris before, he has my dream job. You may be wondering how Chris helped me. Well, Chris is always motivating; always asking questions; always moving forward. [website]

Jason Calacanis. Thanks Jason. I have been following Jason on Twitter for a while. Jason doesn't know me from Adam and thats too bad. I know he can't possible befriend everyone. I did managed to catch a segment on a satellite channel where Jason was giving his response to a couple guys trying to make a go of a new Internet Business. The one liner I took away from his segment was "If the CEO showed up late to an investor meeting, I'd fire the CEO". Something like that. It was great. I'm the kind of person that insists on being 15 minutes early. I'd rather wait to get started than show up late and have to make up an excuse. It shows a lot about a persons integrity and passion. [website]
Share this article

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words, Thom. I think you've been more help to me lately (especially with my recent WP problems) but that's all been resolved.

    This post has inspired me to follow your lead to make sure those who I read, follow, network, and work with are recognized for their effort.

    I was on the phone with a client, who I've been helping to get blogging for a couple months now and this popped up in my reader. It was a perfect example of what blogging is all about (outside of the company stuff that so often takes over our blogs) so I shared it with him. He had an a-ha moment so you've already enriched 2 bloggers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, kinda like paying it forward.

    You know, as I've read this post about 20 times today, I've decided to make it a weekly thing. There are so many people that help me that they deserve credit. And if this is the way I can give back then I will.

    The key will be to really thank someone with sincerity. Not that you wouldn't, but like Janet said, it has to be for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thom,
    Wow, what an inspiring post! I feel so among friends here with you and the other Utah bloggers. Wish I had more time to network with you and others.
    I appreciate your contribution and for expanding this into a weekly feature on your blog.
    Blog on
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Thom, what a cool way to end the week :) Thanks for the thanks, it's really been cool to get to know you better.

    Wow, I can't believe a nascar fan likes me :p

    Jason Alba
    CEO - JibberJobber.com
    :: self-serve career management ::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well thanks, Thom. Very kind words indeed, and what I love most about the new web space is that we have "first meetings" in the virtual, and then we eventually try and back them up in real time skinside meetings. I enjoy this method, because it means that I get to know you more from the inside out. I learn more about your style and interests.

    Keep on keeping on, sir!

    --Chris Brogan...

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.