Monday, June 18, 2007

The New Media elite? Hardley.

I stumbled upon this blog off Valleywag.com today purporting to have a list of the who's who in New Media. I had to laugh my a$$ off reading the names. Here are some of my favorites:

  • Michael Buhr, Sr. Director of Corporate Strategy, eBay (who is this guy and what does eBay have to day with New Media?)

  • Â Jeff Bezos, CEO, Amazon (two questions, what does Amazon actually make, that is New Media?)

  • Mark Weinberg, Director of Engineering, Zune, Microsoft (how does the Director of Engineering for the Zune qualify as a who's who in New Media?)


See, to me, people that are influencing New Media are people like Jim Long, Chris Brogan and CC Chapman. Even Cameron Reilly at The Podcast Network has a bigger influence on New Media than the people on the list seem to have. Are we just bandwagoning the term New Media?
Share this article

4 comments:

  1. Well thanks for the vote of confidence. I hadn't seen the list before you mentioned it and there certainly some laughable ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Even" me? Sheesh Thom. Fair smack of the sausage mate. I started the world's first podcasting business. Gotta be worth more than an honorable mention! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Kinda neat that you included me. I haven't seen the list, but I'd say that it'd be hard to be Bezos and be on top of the blogging world. The Zune guy? Maybe. I haven't heard his take on the world. He might be cool. I just met the Nokia podcasting guy and I thought he was a true rockstar.

    Thanks for thinking of me, Thom.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.