Saturday, October 20, 2007

Photowalking Salt Lake City v2

Photowalk SLC Group Yesterdays Photowalk on the west side of Salt Lake City was exciting and fun. This was my first Photowalk and I wasn't really sure what to expect. I felt a little intimidated with my starter Nikon D40, but after I'd had a chance to meet everyone and we got moving I forgot about the gear and just started taking pictures.

I hadn't been to this area of Salt Lake City in quiet a while. This is an area completely under construction, mixed with transients, a train station, a bus station and of all things Art Galleries. The architecture was great. Ann picked a really good location.

I took a lot of photos, 151 to be exact. Most of them were dupes trying to get better angles or lighting. Some had nothing to do with the theme of the Photowalk. And mostly I was just taking pictures of things that caught my eye. I'm still learning and so its important to try all kinds of things to see how they turn out.

Some of the pictures I took were too dark, or blurry, but some came out much better than I had hoped. You can see all of my photos here and the groups photos here. I can't wait for the next one.

The group photo above was shot by Harley Pebley. He gave me permission to use it. I'm the guy in the red shirt.

Share this article

3 comments:

  1. That was a great outing. Thanks for blogging about it so I could find out about it. ;) I'll have my pics up later today.

    ~Douglas
    -=-
    The Splintered Mind - Overcoming Neurological Disabilities With Lots Of Humor And Attitude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Douglas, it was really great to meet you. I'm glad you two had a great time. Look forward to more in the future.

    twitter.com/ThomAllen

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] the Flickr Group here if you are interested in getting connected with other photographers in the Salt Lake City area. This entry was written by Thom Allen and posted on November 6, 2007 and filed under [...]

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.