Friday, October 19, 2007

Wanna See The Power Of Social Networking?

A few hours ago a young woman was requesting small donations to go to college. I think the starting amount was somewhere around $400. A Twitter friend of Chris Brogan mentioned this cause and Chris jumped into action. Within a few hours, and mostly through Twitter friends, people had donated enough money for the woman to meet her goal. As Chris proclaimed:
chrisbrogan: Raising over $500 in 2 hours? Great work, Twitter nation! I'm beholden to your power.

This was amazing. I'm sure everyone is abuzz over reaching the goal. But as Twitterer davedelaney said "@chrisbrogan: When the Brogan speaks we listen :-)" And I agree. That was the feeling of everyone who was watching and participating.

So my thought is, what else can we accomplish using Social Networking? Chris also started the Grasshopper Network which is a group of people dedicated to helping someone when they need it. All you have to do is ask.

Think what you could do and engage your Network.
Share this article

2 comments:

  1. I love Chris Brogan, and his list on Twitter is extensive...yep, I clicked on the link and made a donation. Afterward when there were some comments on my list..about the power of Chris and it occurred to me, I think that you would have found that kind of response to quite a few people in the Twitter world. We all have that ability to spark people to action. (See, I saw your blog post, clicked on the link and here I am.)

    I would venture to bet that if YOU posted that link that people would have responded. It's all about people connecting with people--not just the A listers, but the B listers, and those of us on the fringes enjoying the view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] following is something very impressive — the power for good of networking. Thom Allen Weblog » Blog Archive » Wanna See The Power Of Social Networking? A few hours ago a young woman was requesting small donations to go to college. I think the starting [...]

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.