Friday, October 19, 2007

No GTD Tool Required

I read a blog by Patti this morning that has more more sense of the whole GTD (Getting Things Done) syndrome than many I have read. Patti seems to have gone down the same path I did after reading David Allen's famous book Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity. Being the geek I am, there had to be some type of technology to make it work. After spending more time than should have been spent, I came to the same conclusion Patti did: you don't need a software tool to implement GTD.

This is my GTD tool. A Molekine notebook. Could be any notebook. In the past it was 25 cent notepads from Wal-Mart. Those wore out too fast so I upgraded. The only real change I've made to my system in a long time. I know from past experience when I write something in my Moleskine its in a trusted spot and I keep the book with me where ever I go. Dumping what's in my head into the Moleskine has made my life very manageable. Geeks often try and over complicate things. This is supposed to be a simple solution. So keep it simple.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.