Thursday, October 4, 2007

Tell Me What You Are All About

Build A Better Blog Day 2

My suggestion for today is to create an About page that actually has content and tells me what your blog is all about. The only thing you really have to decide is how personal you get.

1. Tell me a little about yourself, something that we can connect with.

2. Tell me why you are writing the blog.

3. Give me links to other blogs or sites you maintain.

4. If you belong to Social Networks like Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, give me the links so we can connect.

5. Give me a list of your favorite web sites and blogs.

6. Give me some way to contact you whether it be a separate Contact Me page or simply an email address. I remember not too long ago a reader commented on my blog that I had no way of being contacted and he wanted to know if I could give him an email address. That was a pretty rude awakening thinking how much potential business I may have lost because I didn't have a way for readers to contact me.

An About Me page is a good place for you to tell me your story. Here are a few links to About Me pages I like

Chris Brogan

CC Chapman

The ultimate About Me page is Robert Scoble's WikiPedia page

And here is Thom Allen's About Me page

Now I'm asking each of you to comment with the link to your About Me page. Go ahead, do it.

Here is a link to ProBlogger.net's day two post: Run a First Time Reader Audit on Your Blog
Share this article

1 comments:

 
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Thom Allen Weblog • All Rights Reserved.